Friends of Tawd Valley (FoTV) is a community group ran by volunteers who are passionate about the nature and wildlife they have on their doorstep. The aim of the friends group is to promote and improve the usage of the natural asset of Tawd Valley to support the health and well being of the community.
The group will:
- promote the Tawd Valley’s natural asset as a haven for its nature, wildlife and heritage;
- increase levels of appreciation and respect for the Tawd Valley across the community; including an understanding of its historical significance;
- organize maintenance and improvement activities, and other regular events to improve Tawd Valley and its facilities;
- increase community cohesion by involving people of all ages and abilities and other community groups and growing the group’s membership;
- raise funds to support improvements, maintenance, accessibility and educational/social events;
- provide updates on new and ongoing projects within the area;
- represent the interests of the Tawd Valley users in consultation with West Lancashire Council and other bodies.