Friends of Tawd Valley’s work is a partnership between volunteers and WLBC Countryside Ranger Service staff. As a Volunteer, your time, skills and experience will extend Friends of Tawd Valley’s capacity to improve the Tawd Valley Park in Skelmersdale. Friends of Tawd Valley’s intention is that volunteers gain satisfaction from this partnership and that the partners mutually benefit.
Volunteers bring a range of knowledge and experience into our organisation; in return our volunteers enjoy the opportunity to improve the local environment, whilst developing their own personal and professional capabilities.
Who are the volunteers?
A volunteer is anyone who performs a task on behalf of Friends of Tawd Valley without compensation beyond reimbursement of expenses incurred during the task.
Friends of Tawd Valley intend that:
- Volunteers make a difference to the lives of people living in the communities around Tawd Valley Country Park.
- Volunteer’s time, skills and experience will be used well.
- Volunteering will be appreciated and recognised.
- Volunteers will be provided with all the information and guidance required for to carry out tasks and duties.
- Friends of Tawd Valley will seek volunteer’s views on its work and on volunteering.
- Volunteers will be part of an organisation that is striving to be non-discriminatory.
- We will work to ensure that the volunteering environment will be safe.
- You will be covered by Friends of Tawd Valley’s insurance policies.
- Volunteers will be able to claim back approved expenses incurred whilst engaged in tasks for Friends of Tawd Valley.
- Friends of Tawd Valley will help you to remove any difficulties you may have with Friends of Tawd Valley or your volunteering.
- Volunteers may end their commitment to Friends of Tawd Valley at any time.
In order to meet these aims:
- Friends of Tawd Valley will ensure that staff are trained in and practice good people management.
- Friends of Tawd Valley expect all volunteers to work within the Law and within the organisation’s Policies and Procedures.
- Friends of Tawd Valley require all volunteers to act within its code of conduct.
- Friends of Tawd Valley will take up references for appropriate roles, as part of the selection process.
- Appropriate roles will be subject to police checks.
- Friends of Tawd Valley will maintain a Database of volunteers’ details.
- Friends of Tawd Valley may request that an individual stops volunteering where appropriate.
This policy was approved at the Friends of Tawd Valley committee meeting held on February 2022.